College questions for a
family has different priorities when it comes to the education and
college hockey experience for their child. Before arriving on campus
for a visit with the hockey staff it is wise to be prepared with the
college questions that will allow you to make an informed decision.
is a sample list of questions to help start the process of creating
your own ideas for things to ask. Typically, you should ask questions
regarding athletics, academics, and school life.
- How many freshman do you expect to bring in at my position?
- What do you see as my upside as a player?
- What do you see as an area of my game I need to improve to have an impact with your team?
- What time do you practice?
- What is a typical practice week look like?
- Is there opportunity for extra ice-time?
- What style of play do your teams like to play?
- Is there time off at Thanksgiving? Christmas?
- Is there a strength coach?
- What is the off-ice training schedule?
- What equipment is provided?
- Who is on the support staff?
- Is there an athletic trainer?
- How many players have played pro hockey after graduation?
- What systems are in place to promote your players to play pro hockey?
- What do you do for skill development?
- What is the living situation for the hockey players?
- Do they live together?
- What is the meal plan?
- What is the tuition? Fees? Room? Board?
- Is there campus security?
- Is it necessary to have a car?
- Are you allowed to have a car on campus?
Return from College Questions for a Campus Visit to Recruiting
Return to Your College Hockey Home
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.