1. University of New Hampshire hockey is one of the "603 reasons people say New Hampshire is special" according to an article by John Toole.
2. UNH Hockey has a strong fan base that follows the team. The fans even follow the team on the road.
3. Hockey is the biggest sport at UNH.
4. UNH is a top 10 entrepreneurial school according to Forbes.com and the Princeton Review.
5. The UNH has one of the highest graduation rates in the country. They consistently place the highest amount of student-athletes on the America-East honor roll.
6. Paul Chapman, Director of Strength and Conditioning for the Wildcats hockey team, is one of 50 Master Strength and Conditioning coaches in the United States. His program has two main goals - Injury prevention and performance enhancement.
7. Friends of UNH Hockey has been supporting the Wildcats hockey team for over 30 years
8. The Wildcats have strong community involvement especially with their "Operation Hat Trick"
9. For the 2012-13 season, the Wildcats were ninth in National Attendance with 93,854 spectators in 17 home games. Their average attendance at the Towse was 5521. The max capacity is 6501. They had eight sellouts!
10. Coach Dick Umile is the only six time winner of the Hockey East Coach of the Year Award. He is one of four active coaches with more than 500 wins and sits at #11 on the all-time D1 list.