Aurora University Spartans
On August 12, 2012, Aurora University announced that they will have a men's intercollegiate ice hockey team for the 2012 - 13 season.
Ryan Buchanan was chosen as the first Head Coach of the team that plays in the ACHA. The goal of the program was to become a varsity program to join the other 20 sports at Aurora University that are part of the NCAA division 3.
In the 2014-15 season, Aurora will be joining the NCHA as an independant. In the 2015-16 season, they will be a full member of the NCHA, play a full NCHA schedule and be able to compete for the NCHA Championship in the Harris Cup Playoffs.
Head Coach Ryan Buchanan is excited about joining the NCAA and is looking forward to building the AU program and creating an NCAA contender.
- Aurora Program Start Date - 2012-13
- Venue - Fox Valley Ice Arena
- Teamsite - AU Spartans
- Booster Club - Spartan Club
- Conference - Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA)
- Conference Teams - Adrian, Aurora, Concordia (Wi), Finlandia, Lake Forest, Lawrence, Mariam, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Northland, St. Norbert, St. Scholastica
Aurora University Hockey Coaches
- NCAA Tournament Record - None yet
- NCAA Tournament Appearances - None yet
- NCAA Championships - None yet
- Conference Tournament Appearances - None yet
- Conference Championships - None yet
# of Seniors by Position - None yet
# Scholarships - 0
Enrollment - 4400Estimated Cost of Attendance - $32,000.00Avg. SAT - 495 Math, 485 ReadingAvg. ACT - 22# of Majors - 40+Academic Calender Type: semesterStudent-Faculty Ratio: 15 to 1Average class size: (insert)Freshman Retention Rate: 73%School site - Aurora
Return from Aurora University to Men's Division III College Ice Hockey
Return from Aurora Spartans to Your College Hockey Home